Monday, November 17, 2008

My Name Is Nora.....and I'm a Twitter Addict

It's official.  While I am late on the scene, having joined the Twitter craze less than 48 hours ago, I am already hooked.  

No, I'm not addicted to knowing who is going to the grocery store, the coffee shop and the bathroom (Seriously people --- note item #4 below).  I'm addicted to the knowledge sharing.  

A curious person by nature, I'm finding Twitter to be the equivalent of a 7-shot espresso.  This morning, compliments of Twitter-ers (ites, ies?), I learned:

....and so much more. 

People have information -- and they want to share it.  Twitter provides another opportunity for us to do just that --- in REAL TIME


Quick tips from one Twitter Rookie to another:

  1. Content vs Fluff Solution : It's all about who you choose to follow.  Find interesting people and follow them -- and look at who THEY are following since interesting people tent to follow interesting people. 
  2. If you use Mac....set up TwitterDeck to organize your twittering. 
  3. iPhone users visit the App Store and find "Twitterrific".
  4. Assume your boss, clients, professors, friends, family, etc will find you on Twitter.


Follow me on Twitter.......I promise not to tell you when I am on my way to the bathroom...well, except maybe on April Fools Day. 

Wishing you the best in all your endeavors, 

Nora A Burns, SPHR



Nora A Burns, SPHR is founder of Insightful Endeavors International (IEI), Inc.  A native of Wisconsin with 20 years experiences in Learning & Organizational Development, Nora currently resides in Denver, CO with her insanely cute Labradoodle Bella and Bella's sidekick Baxter.  

IEI specializes in building innovative, sustainable teams to drive bottom-line results.  We pride ourselves on being a top-tier resource for leadership development, team development and assisting organizations in finding innovative solutions.  




No comments: