Friday, April 24, 2009

"Blocked" Call....An Unexpected Turn of Events

The call came up as "Blocked" on caller I.D.

"It's going to be a solicitor" I thought to myself as I begrudgingly answered "Good morning, this is Nora, how can I help?"

It wasn't a solicitor.

It was, in fact, the complete OPPOSITE of a solicitor.

The caller explained he was aware I was offering classes that had been pre-approved by HRCI credit......and that I was giving away a free seat to someone who is currently unemployed for every 5 registrants.

"Yes", I confirmed, "that is correct"

I was unsure where he going to lead the conversation ---- request to be entered into the drawing for the guest pass? Register himself? Something else?

"I'm not available for the sesssion April 29th", he stated.

Hmmm...I wondered....why is he calling about it then?

"I'd like to help out"

In an unexected turn.... he stated he wanted to purchase two seats for the April 29th session. He is purchasing them not for himself but for two to-be-determined SPHRs.....possibly for you.


My caller (who wishes to remain anonymous) is purchasing two seats for the April 29th session "Building a Leadership Development Program From the Inside Out" being held in Denver. (The session has been pre-approved by HRCI for 5.75 Strategic Credits.)

The seats will be given away Monday to two Human Resource/Training/Organizational Development Professionals.

To be entered to win one of these two seats...

Send an email with your contact information no later than noon on Monday.

I'm very excited and will now answer "Blocked" calls with much more enthusiasm!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you and working with you next week!

May all your Endeavors be Insightful and all your "BLOCKED" calls Positive,

Nora A Burns, SPHR

www.insightfulendeavors.com

www.twitter.com/noraburns

www.twitter.com/phrsphr



Nora A Burns, SPHR is founder of Insightful Endeavors International, Inc a Denver, CO based firm specializing in team and leadership development. She is an member of the National Speakers Association (NSA) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). When she's not traveling to assist clients in building innovative teams to drive bottom-line results she resides in Denver, CO with Bella, the insanely cute labradoodle and Bella's sidekick Baxter.

No comments: